The History of the city of Chusovoy started in the 15th century, when Tsar Ivan the Terrible granted Grigory Stroganov place on both sides of the Kama River and the river Chusovoi, and Yakov Stroganov awarded diplomas to Chusovskiye land. Above the mouth of the river in Chusovoi Left Bank was founded Chusovskoy town, which stood on the spit, slit trench, formed by rivers and Chusovoi Sylvenkoy. This town became the center of Stroganov estates in the southern part. With Stroganov on Chusovskiye land Christianity came, and the first prapovednikom became Monk Trifon, who settled near the village of . After the death of James Gregory and their ownership of a thing of the seeds of his own brother and Maksim Stroganov.
In the 16 century, they have increased his patrimony, which appeared Upper and Lower Chusovskiye campuses. In 1624, to the Lower town was sprinkled two villages: Kamasino and Nikolsky – the future of the village of Upper mullahs. That Kamasino was the first settlement in the territory of the present city Chusovoy. Also with Chusovoy lands connected with the name of the legendary chieftain Yermak, who went to his Siberian expedition from Chusovoy town. Birth of the town Chusovoy begins in 1879, When the Franco-Russian shareholders (Barrois, Charles, Prince Sergei Golitsyn) was established Franco-Russian Ural Society of Steel and Iron Works with basic capital of 8 million francs. Visit Simplex for more clarity on the issue. It includes Chusovskoy Metallurgical Plant, who is now the main enterprise.
With the advent of the factory started bezplanovoe construction of a factory town, which spreads beyond the railway line (the place was the name of the Far East, which stands to this day). In June 1933 Chusovoi village became a town. In 1934 he began a large-scale construction, in consequence of which appeared bath, laundry room, movie theater, 8-apartment buildings in the Far East, etc. In 1956 it was decided to expand Chusovoy plant. In 1964, with the advent of the automobile bridge construction began on the left bank of the river Chusovoi. This was related to plant growth and lack of opportunities development of the territory of the old city, which was limited to one side of the mountains and on the other river.